9/19/2010 S.C.U.B.A.

No riding (outdoors, anyway) to speak of.

With Marie's wedding plans in full swing, Kathy and I have plenty to do. So, a few hours out on the country roads by myself are out of the question.

I did however, manage to get signed up for S.C.U.B.A.(Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus) classes (go figure).

Both Justin and I completed the confined (in the Rec Center pool) dive portion last weekend. The plan was to do the open water portion together, also. But, Justin came down with a sinus infection and had to put the second weekend dives on hold.

I did make the trip over to Black River Falls, Wisc. to dive in an old taconite mine.

We did three seperate dives on Saturday, showing off our "skills". Then we only had to do one dive on Sunday to complete the entry-level Open Water Diver requirements.

Since I am typing this, you can tell I didn't drown or sink to the bottom (much)...

Floating at 30 feet below the surface was a lot of fun and once I got the hang of it, I got to play with the little sun fish that were curious.

The water was only 66 degrees, so even with wet suits you started to feel it after about 30 to 45 minutes.

Anyway, if you lose anything at the bottom of a lake (or a pool), give me a call. I might be able to help you find it...

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester