Sat. 7/23

Well I decided to take a gamble and ride with the group from Dunn Brothers South today.

The plan was to ride SE to Chatfield, so I figured I could turn off at a number of locations if I needed to.

The pace was high enough that I hung out at the back all morning.

We stopped in Chatfield for some water and stuff. Then it was up cty 2.

The pace was high again, but still not too high that I couldn't hang on.

But as we got over the top, the pace ramped up and that is where I started to feel it. About halfway to cty 1, I ran out of gas and was dropping off the back. I had come to the realization that I would be riding back by myself when the group slowed up. I told them, that they didn't need to wait, but they did anyway.

As we turned on cty 1, you could see the sky getting dark.

Everyone turned on hwy 30 and headed for Stewartville, except me and one other guy. We stayed heading north on cty 1.

As we got near Simpson, the sky really went dark. I mentioned to the other guy, that he could head to my house and wait out the storm, but at the last minute he decided he was going to push on toward Mayo High School.

I turned and hightailed it for home, but as I neared Burr Oak School the sky let loose. So I ducked into the entry way of Burr Oak and watched as it poured, hailed, lightning all around, and terrific wind gusts.

I hope the others found shelter somewhere...

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester