Getting filthy...

Steve and I met at Stewartville for the Filthy50.

I think Dave Pramann was there, but we never bumped into him.  Most likely well ahead of me.
I spotted a number of Rochester riders there as well (Dave Herbert, Steve Soltis, Bob Gritman, Eric Applen, Matt and Linda, Charlie Tri, Lew, and Tobias).

80 degrees, sunny, and a good breeze from the south, made for a hot, fast, tiring 3 hours.

Steve and I did a good job at weaving through the crowd to get near to the front after the mass start.
We were in a big group of 30 to 40 riders for most of the east and south stretches.

As we turned west the group had shrunk a bit to around 25 or so.

When we hit the hill at 35 miles, Steve was more to the front and I further back and got stuck behind some slower riders and lost contact.  I could see Steve's group, but never did catch back on.  And as we got back out into the wind, his group just kept pulling away.  At last sight, Steve was well placed in a group of 8 or 10 stomping a "roller".

I think Steve finished about 5 minutes ahead of me (he was waiting at the finish line with a beer, nice!!!).  But I did come in under 3 hours, so that is a plus.



Big crowd (500+)




All smiles pre-race, not so post-race...

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester