Wed. 3/19/08

Well, I just got back from our Caribbean cruise. Man, does riding a stationary bike on a moving boat start to get old after a few minutes. For that matter, riding any stationary bike, anywhere, gets old after the first few minutes. But I needed to get some miles in, to counter the effects of laying on the sun-drenched beach, drinking ice-cold Dos Equis, in 90+ temps, and eating five-star, five-course meals every night(my favorites were the lobster, the prime rib, and the pork chops). So back to reality of Minnesota.

Anyway, I got the road bike out for the first time in '08. I did my usual 20 mile out and back from home. Temps were around 50 with winds from the NW around 15-20 mph. A fairly uneventful ride, other than it felt great to be on the "steed" and I enjoyed the entire ride. My only wish would have been to stay out longer, but the sun wasn't cooperating.

P.S. Did I mention that it felt great...

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester