Sunday 6/13/2010

I made it out with the Big Dogs (minus Big Dave) today.

I got there a bit early, so I sat and had coffee and read the paper till everyone showed up.

We had 8 riders as we headed east out of town.

Dr. Tim peeled off as we turned toward Plainview. At Plainview we stopped to refuel and that is where Bob turned and headed back. The rest of us fools followed Terry to the Mississippi River.

The run down to the river was much more fun than the climb back home and as we hit Rollingstone I could feel my legs starting to run out of energy. By the time we hit Elba, everyone was ready for a stop, but I had enough water and feared if I stopped I would never get going again (and Beebe would have to carry me).

So, I kept rolling up and out of the Whitewater Valley and back to Viola, then I went south until I got to cty 9 and then I headed west back to Rochester.

The boys caught up about halfway back on cty 9, so then I tucked in back for some nice draft.

I got home with just under 100 miles and according to Terry we had over 3700 feet of climbing for the day.

All under cloudy skies and the threat of rain all day, not bad...

Great ride and thanks for pulling me around (Terry, Dr. Tim, Bob, Beebe, Dan, Bruce, and JP).

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester