3/16/11

Probably one of the warmest days we've seen in awhile, so I took off work a bit early and hopped on the new ride.

With temps in the mid 40s and nice sunshine, I didn't put too many layers on.

I made my way east to Eyota and then kept going east to Dover.

At Dover I decided I still felt good, so I turned south (into a brisk SSE wind) and headed for Chatfield. I could always cut the ride short at cty 23 if need be.
It hurt going into the wind, but my legs never complained too much or cramped up.
So, I rolled into Chatfield relieved that the windy stretches were all done.

I made my way west on cty 2 and rolled along nicely to cty 1.

At cty 1, I got a nice tailwind all the way back through Simpson and onto cty 11.

Then a quick "into the wind" stretch on cty 11, then back to the nice tailwind all the way home.

I finished with 51 miles and about 3 hours of nice riding. Sure beats the 30 to 60 minutes on the indoor bikes.

The sun went behind some clouds and it did cool off a bit, but I was on my way home so I toughed it out.

The new bike handles great and feels really quick.

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester