Sat. 8/22/09

I got out and met the 8:00am Dunn Brothers group this morning.

Big Jim must have overslept, as he drove in and Marty even graced us with his presence today. He's getting (or should I say has gotten) into shape for the CX season. Boy, I pity the fool that signs up to race against him...

Anyway with light winds, we decided to head for Whitewater State Park.

We made our way across town and then headed south on cty 1 and then across at Pinewood School to Marion Road, then past Camp Kahler and out past the Gun Club (a road I'm all too familar with). We made our way to Eyota. After a quick stop we headed north out of town on cty 7. The group rolled along nicely as we turned east for a bit and then north on cty 7 some more.

From there we headed pretty much east down into Whitewater and then down into Elba for another water stop.

Now for the fun stuff, as we headed west out of Elba, up the steep grade toward Plainview. Once on top, the group reassembled and we worked together all the way to Elgin. There was some road construction, so we continued west until we got to cty 11. Then we turned south and headed for home.

I was starting to feel the pace, so I skipped a few rotations in the pace-lining. But it wasn't too long before I started to feel better and decided I should do some work before the others started to notice I was sand-bagging.

As we neared town, Dr. Tim headed for homw, while the others rolled down cty 11, right past my place as they headed for the Camp Kahler road again.

Nice ride guys (Dr. Tim, Terry, Bruce, Big Jim, Marty, Al, and Zak).

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester