Sat. 8/8/09

It was raining this morning, so I decided to skip the standard 8:00am ride and get out later on my own.

About 10:00am the roads were dry and the skies were showing more and more blue, so I headed out for a SE route (into the SE winds).

I made my way to Eyota and then continued east to Dover. At Dover, I turned south and headed for Chatfield. The wind had shifted to more southerly at this point, so I was pretty much into a 20+ mph wind for the next 10+ miles.

Once I got to Chatfield, I realized it was the city celebration day again and roads were closed in preparation for the big parade.

I stopped at the Kwip Trip for a snack and to get some more to drink, then it was off to find a route west out of the city. After some fancy back road turns, I made my way out past the horses and up the cty 2 hill.

By this time the winds had turned to the SW, so you guessed it, no rest for the wicked...

Finally, as I turned north on cty 1 I got the tail wind I was hoping for. By this time the temps (and the humidity) had increased to the point where I couldn't see at times because of the sweat in my eyes. But I got to roll along at a decent pace without my legs screaming at me to slow down.

I turned on cty 11 and headed up and over the big hills for home.

I finished with over 50 miles, very tired legs, and a helmet that weighed twice as much as it should have.

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester