5/14/2013

Saturday I went up to Lakeville and helped with the first installment of the Farm Dog TT with the Silver guys.  First round was windy and cold, the second round was windy, cold, and snowy.  Kudos for everyone that rode (and worked).

Sunday, Kathy, Marie, and I went up to the Mall of America for a Cancer Walk/Run.  The run was outdoors and we saw a lot of people as we made our way into the Mall.  They say they get around 50,000 runners for the event.  Not as many walkers, but it was warm and no so windy indoors.  Afterward we went for some lunch, then home to go visit the mothers on Mother's Day.

Yesterday, I made it to the Bamber Valley School again to ride with the Monday group.  The faster group split almost immediately from the rest of the riders as we left the school and I was back a bit, so I had to play catch up.

We headed east and south out of town to Simpson, then west and south to Stewartville.  We continued west through High Forrest until we got to cty 3, then north to Rock Dell and on into Salem Corners.  And finally, east to Rochester.

I started to feel some cramping in my ham strings as we hit the final climbs back into Rochester, so I backed off and spun a bit until they felt better.  I felt pretty good all the way home and I'm glad I didn't need to push it.

I finished with 58 mile including my ride in and home.

I definately need more of those type of rides.

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester