Sat. 5/24/08

Well the morning started out in the low 50s with light winds, but as the day went on the winds picked up to 20-30mph and the temps got into the lower 70s. I started the ride out on the cool side, but warmer up after the first few miles. With the winds expected to increase throughout the day we headed NE. Out of town on cty 9, then north on cty 11 and east into Potsdam. Then northward onto Millville. Boy, the road down into Millville is nice and smooth. Dr. Tim smoked everyone for the coveted Millville town sign. From there we turned along the river and headed for Hammond. The wind really was starting to swirl around in the valley and it seemed like you could never really find a good draft. About this time, Jeff noticed that Bruce's shorts were a bit thin and the comments started to fly. I won't get into too much detail, but Beebe interjected some doozies. I had promised myself I wasn't going to mention any of this, but I couldn't help myself.



Anyway, I did think of a solution for Bruce:









Well, back to the ride. After Hammond, we headed for hwy 63, then north toward Chef-Tel's and west on cty 7 for Mazeppa. We stopped in Mazeppa for water and then continued west to Pine Island, where we stopped again for more water and food. After a nice round of bananas and doughnuts, we hit the Douglas Trail for Rochester. By now the winds were really starting to pick up, so the shelter of the trail was much appreciated. Once in town Trevor and I turned east towards our homes, while the rest of the group continued back to Dunn Brothers South. The last few miles in the open wind were brutal, but I made it home. I finished the day with almost 83 miles.

Great ride guys (Jeff, Big Jim, Jim T., Beebe, Terry, Trevor, Dr. Tim, Eric, myself, and of course Bruce).

Here's the route:

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester