Wed. 5/28/08

We had a huge crew last night (16, I think), plus we added Jeff and Big D out on the road. I'm not going to even try to remember all the names (you know who you are). Marty mapped out the ride beforehand, but was scared to attempt the ride himself. The pace was above average as we headed out of town (I guess with this many people there is bound to be some oneupmanship). As we rolled toward Salem Corners, Jim took off quite a ways out, but held off the group to take the sign. From there the hurt was on, as we continued to Rock Dell. I was on the back trying to pull the group together, so I have no idea who took the town sign. We finally started to regroup at the top of the climb to the south of Rock Dell. But as we turned onto hwy 30 and into the wind, the group quickly split again. We turned north on cty 15 (about the same time as a group of Recyclers were coming from the other direction on hwy 30). And again the pace stayed high, until we stopped to formally regroup at cty 104. From there the group stayed together as we headed back into town. As the group headed north to the shop, I turned into more wind and headed for home.

Here is the route (sort of):



I really hope this pace is not the start of things to come...

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester