Wed. 4/30/08

I tried the ride from Eric's for the first time. We had 9 total riders, all about the same level of riding and speed. Since we were starting so far NW and with the wind direction (ESE at about 20mph), we headed north, east, south, and then west. With temps in the low 60s and the clouds moving in, I'm glad I put a warm base-layer on and wore my knee-warmers. On the way out, Marty missed a turn and we had to head out on 18th Ave, then onto Oronoco. We headed east a bit, until we got to Power Dam road where we headed north again. Then east on cty 7 and up that nice long climb (against the wind) to Chef-Tel's. Who BTW, happened to be out in the yard (picking up after the dog no doubt). We yelled some discouraging words and were off, heading south on hwy 63 (and into the wind). The group turned on 247 and headed back toward Oronoco, while I continued south (by myself and into the wind). At 75th St, I headed east. There I passed a group of cyclists coming down the hill back toward town. I continued until I got to cty 11 and headed south (into the wind) and to home.

Here is the route:



Great ride Marty, Steve, Jim, Aaron, Craig, Todd, Sam, and Paul.

I did pass Steve (I think) out there, here's a picture:



No sign of Jeff...I hope he's in better shape than Steve.

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester