Sat. 6/07/08

Even with the threat of severe thunderstorms, we had 7 foolish guys to attempt the Saturday ride (Dr. Tim, Big Jim, Al, Jeff S., Dan, Jeff G., and me). We headed out on cty 1 for Simpson. AS we neared Simpson, we noticed the skies to the west were getting quite a bit darker (a sign of things to come). After Simpson, we turned east on "rattlesnake" road for Marion. At Marion, the group split, as some wanted to go through town and avoid hwy 52, while others rode up hwy 52 to cty 19. I went through town with that group. As we were heading out of town, a lady driving a van pulled up and told us that severe thunderstorms warnings had been issued and were going to hit the area at 9:30am (it was 9:00am at the time). We caught up with the others and told them the good news. Dr. Tim and I decided to head for home, while the others continued south on cty 19 for hwy 30. Dr. Tim and I headed north on cty 19 headed for the back side of Chester Woods. At the top of the big downhill, it started to sprinkle. By the time we hit the bottom, it was pouring. We turned north and then east on the "gun club" road. Dr. Tim turned on the "Camp Kahlor" road and headed for home, while I continued north and home. Needless to say I was soaked by the time I got there.

I wonder how the others faired???

I just finished cleaning my bike (I dumped about a 1/4 cup of water from the frame).

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester