Wed. 7/2/08

There were 8 riders for the Erik's Wednesday ride. Marty had the route pre-mapped (even though we did change the beginning and end abit). After some delay, we headed north on the trail.

At Douglas, we came up on a group for 6 or so cyclists (maybe the Recyclers???). Instead of heading east at Douglas, we continued north on the trail (and out of the wind) to cty 3. There we turned east and continued to Oronoco on cty 12. Once across hwy 52, we got back on Marty's mapped route and headed north into and out of Oronoco. This stretch was hilly and into the wind, but a great route.

Just before Mazeppa, I noticed my front tire was losing air. Dang! So we stopped while I did my mechanic thing. Marty finally got to see what a "real" bike feels like in his hands. After I wrestled my bike back from Marty, we were off to PI. Again, a beautiful stretch of road. Steve actually went around Kristi to take the PI sign. Man, talk about dirty looks(from Marty I mean).

We headed south out of PI on cty 3 and back to Douglas. As expected the pace picked up for the Douglas sign. Marty and I were out front pulling, when Steve came by. I noticed no one on his wheel, so I jumped to catch him. I did notice a shadow, so I knew someone had come with me. I caught Steve, but instead of sitting back, I kept going around Steve(bad move). Steve jumped on my wheel and used my draft to come around and get me right at the sign. So, the overall sprinter of the night award has to go to Steve.

Marty had the route going south to cty 4, but the group decided they had enough fun and we hit the trail for home. I stayed on the trail to Valleyhigh and headed to 7th street. Right near the RAC corner, I noticed 3 riders up ahead. I thought maybe it was the RC&F group, but they went past the shop and turned south at the intersection. So I guess it was some Recyclers (or just a group out for a ride).
They must have been worried about me catching them, as they all kept looking over their shoulders. No worries guys, I was in no mood to race.

Anyway, I got home with just over 63 miles. Time for a shower and something to eat (no Schells tonight, maybe over the weekend...).

Great ride Marty, Steve, Kristi, Ben, Pat, Jeff G., and Peter.

P.S. I vote this to be the unofficial default route for the Wednesday rides.

Did I mention it was a great route???

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester