Wed. 7/23/08

There was 16 riders to start the Erik's Wednesday ride and we picked up Jeff S. on the way out of town. Great ride everyone(Steve, Kristi, Todd, Tom, Al, Jeff G., Big Jim, Jim T., Jim H., Pat, Jeff S., Ben, Mike, Eric, Gunnar, and Hewey). Yes, I forgot a name (I think he had a blue jersey and I never got in a rotation with him to find out his name). The pace out of town was on the brisk side and it didn't take long before we had changed from the original (Big Jim's) route. We wound our way to Oronoco, where Tom grabbed the sign. Then on the way out of Oronoco, Big Jim had chain trouble. The group waited at the top of the hill and we headed east toward hwy 63. Then south for just a bit, then we turned east again and back north on cty 11 (back on the original route). Gunnar took the sign, but forgot to turn north and had to chase back on. The pace was nice and steady until the downhill, where everyone got into the aero position and picked up some major speed. Now it was Todd's turn for some mechanical work. Meanwhile the rest of the group got some much needed water at the convience store in Millville. We rolled out toward Hammond on cty 11, along the river. What a nice stretch of road. Todd decided he wanted to be KOM today and took an early jump for the Hammond sign. I think he had just enough to hold off Gunnar for the win. From there the group moved along to hwy 63 again. At this point we were starting to lose the daylight, so the group split up a bit as some of the riders needed to get home for their beauty sleep. Since I don't need any more beauty, I hung back with the beautiful people (you know who you are) and enjoyed the ride back into town. At 37th street I headed east and for home, while the rest headed back to the shop.

Here is a map of the route:


BTW, I picked up a new saddle from Steve and it was very comfy. He switched me from my 131mm to a 143mm (I think he meant to say, my butt is getting bigger).

Oh Yeah, no sign of the ever illusive Steve S. :(

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester