Sat. 8/9/08

I missed the Saturday group ride. I oversleep. My brother and nephew had come into town, so we had a few Schells and stayed up late talking smart.

After they headed out, I changed and headed for my 50 mile Chatfield route. No real wind to speak of (except it got a bit stronger as the ride went on). Made my way past the Gun Club and east to Eyota, then south across I 90 and east again past the turkey farm. No Ed, Ed, and Eddie (the three black labs that loved to chase from the one farm just before the turkey farm) this year. Must be new tenants in the farmhouse or the dogs were all in the house. Turned south and I noticed I had three big corn combines coming up on me, so I turned it up a bit to stay ahead of them.

I turned south on cty 10 for Chatfield, while the combines continued east. Up and over the rollers on cty 10 and then down the nice descent into Chatfield. I didn't know this until I rolled into town, but Chatfield was having a parade and most of hwy 52 was closed and traffic was being routed on the back streets. So, I had to deal with the extra heavy traffic and the detour around the parade route. As I went by, I heard the usual comments, "Is that Lance Armstrong?", "Doesn't you butt hurt from sitting on that tiny seat?", "Why do you wear those funny clothes?", and "Get the $*&$(*&%!#@ off the road, you $@&^*&@$&*# fairy!".

After waving goodbye to my many fans and friends, I headed west out of town on cty 2. Up the hill on the new pavement and then into TT mode for the rollers all the way to cty 1. I turned north on cty 1, then west on hwy 30 (cty 1 is still closed near Fugel's Mill). Then I turned north on cty 20. Up the Cemetary hill and then again TT'ed it to the corner of cty 16 (I think), by St. Bridget's Church. By now I think the wind was from the north, so most of this and the remaining stretches home were going to be into the wind (nice). Into Simpson and then north to cty 11. I turned east and then north on cty 11, and finally north up the "all too familiar" cty 11 climbs.

I finished with just over 50 miles, some new friends, and some tired legs.

Did I mention that I love my new saddle?

Fizik Arione Wing Flex, don't leave home without it.

I can't wait for those endorsement checks to start rolling in...

Also no sign of Steve:




or Big Jim:



or Jeff:

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester