Sat./Sun. 5/2/09-5/3/09



Well on Saturday, I got up enough nerve to ride with the guys. I met Jeff and Steve at Jeff's and we headed out from there. With the winds out of the WNW, we headed for the Douglas Trail to meet up with Big Jim, then we continued to Pine Island. From there we went eastward to Mazeppa and then into Zumbro Falls.

After a quick stop at the convience store, it was up the long hill out of town heading south. We waved as we passed Chefies. The cross winds were really starting to get to me and by the time we hit the Rochester city limits, I was done.

Jeff wanted to do more and I'm sure Jim and Steve were up to it, but I wussed out and they lead the way back to Jeff's. Big Jim had a nasty stretch home into the wind. I hope he made it.

Today, I rode with my other friends (myself and I). I headed SE even though the WNW winds were starting to pick up. The ride to Chatfield was very nice and I felt like I was being pushed along the entire time (which I was). The turkey farm dogs (Ed, Eddie, and Edward) did not make any attempt to chase today. Maybe it was the pepper spray from the other night or maybe it was because their owner was in the yard and they felt they had to behave.

I made my way out of Chatfield up the now straight county 2 and after reaching the top, I was welcomed with a nice stiff breeze. From there the wind was either a headwind or a nice brisk crosshead wind. Fugels Mill road has only been slightly changed with less curve and a more gradual slope. And nice new pavement all the way to Simpson. From there I only had the big hills on county 11 to deal with.

All in all, a good weekend. I felt tired today, but not as tired as Saturday. I'm blaming today on the wind and the fact the myself and I did absolutely no pulls at the front. Sandbaggers, myself took the Simpson sign, followed by I, and that left third place for yours truely...

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester