Sun. 5/24/09

I met up with the three Amigos this morning...



They started from the Westfire parking lot and headed east across town and I met them by RCTC. With the NNE winds we headed to Elba via cty 9. On the way out of town, Dr. Tim caught up and rode with us until we hit the top of the cty 9 hill, then he turned and headed for home.

The pace out on cty 9 was nice and steady with everyone taking turns at the front. During the whole time Jeff and Big Jim were keeping Steve and I amused with their jokes and tall-tales.

We turned north and continued down into Whitewater State Park. Boy, that road is nice and smooth now. It's alot more fun descending on pavement that isn't full of Grand Canyon-sized holes all over the place...

We stopped at the convience store in Elba for refreshments and nature breaks. Then we doubled-back to the campground and up the nice steady two-mile climb. Once at the top it didn't feel like we were getting any tailwind. Must have been more out of the north at this time.

Eventually, we turned south on hwy 42 and then turned west into Viola. Up and over the many rollers as we made our way back into town. I turned south on cty 11 as the others continued on into town.

I got home with a little over 3 hours on the cycle computer and right around 60 miles, so all-in-all a pretty fast-paced and long day (for me, not so for the others).

I even got sunburned abit on my arms and legs...

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester