Sun. 4/13/08

Jeff, Marty, and I took off from Jeff's (this way he can't be late). With the NNE winds we were heading out on 18th ave to meet up with Tom and Todd. We met them right away and the group continued north on 18th to find Jim. We met Jim just a couple of miles further up the road. The group was complete (although, we kept a sharp eye out for Steve, just in case). We headed north to Oronoco and then east and north and then back west to Mazeppa. We stopped for a break in Mazeppa, then continued west to Pine Island. Once we got to P.I. the group decided to tack on the Roscoe loop. Todd had to get back and headed for home from P.I. The five of us made our way west to Roscoe (with Tom taking the sign). Here we turned south (finally a tailwind). We made our way back to cty 27, where we turned east toward Pine Island again. Everyone took turns pulling into the +20mph winds. I took the P.I. sign (uncontested, as the group turned south just before we got to the sign). Anyway, a sign is a sign. We continued south and east until we got to the cty 3 intersection where Tom took a left and headed for home, while Jeff, Jim, Marty, and myself turned right toward Douglas. Jim and I stopped by his house and topped off our water bottles. We turned east at Douglas and then south to 65th St. From there we made our way back to Jeff's. After some smart talk, Jim headed for home and Marty and I packed up our bikes and headed home also. I'm not sure what Jeff did. I hope he's not still standing at the end of his driveway looking for Steve.

Here's the route:



60 miles all together, a nice way to stretch the legs. I do think Jim and Jeff were taking it easy on us, cause neither one looked tired and they never stopped talking.

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester