Sun. 4/20/08

No outdoor ride yesterday, just some indoor miles. But today was a different story. I headed out at 1:00pm with slight SE winds, nice warm 60 degree temps, and sunny skies. With the wind, I headed for Chatfield. Just before the big descent into Chatfield, a large brown farm dog started chasing. I thought I would out run him, but I was wrong. He caught me and blew right past me, lucky he was only interested in running. He stopped after just a short time, as we were really moving. Cty 2 out of Chatfield is still got gravel on the climb section (I hope they blacktop it soon). I backtracked to Chatfield and then headed out on Hwy 30. The old section is full of small speed bumps about every 10 feet or so, but the new section is very nice. Three old farm dogs came out to greet me, but I could tell right away none of them had much fight left in them. So I taunted them as I sped away. Up the nice long climb and eventually, I headed south on Cty 1 and then turned west on Cty 2 to Racine. After passing through Racine, I headed north on Cty 8 and then back east into Stewartville. Stayed east on Hwy 30 until I turned north on Cty 20. Then back east into Simpson and finally north and east on Cty 11 to home.

What a beautiful day...

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester