Sat. 7/11/09

I got in a quick 20 miles on Thursday evening and I had a chance to chat with Shawn and Harry (I think that was his name) as they made their way back into town.

Today, I met the VeloRochester group at Dunn Brothers South for the 8:00am Saturday ride.

We had a great group, let's see if I can remember them all: Dr. Tim, Bruce, Jason, Tim B., Jim T., Dan G., Chris, Terry, Big Al, one other (I didn't catch his name), and Big Steve, Big Jim, Big Dave, and Big Jeff.





We headed for Millville, heading out of town past RCTC and then north on cty 11. As we turned east on 247 for Potsdam, Big Dave, Terry, and Jason headed back to ROchester as they had things to do this morning. We turned north out of Potsdam and had a nice steady pace all the way to the downhill run to Millville.

A brand new Millville bridge was waiting for us (there was still some gravel on the approach). We continued out of town to the west and headed for Hammond.

At Hammond we turned north again and made our way to hwy 60. Some nice climbs and rollers on this road. Then we turned west on 60 and headed into Zumbro Falls.

After a stop at the convience store, the grou split as Big Steve, Big Jim, Big Jeff, Bruce and the other un-named guy headed west to Mazeppa, while the rest of us headed south on 63 for Rochester. We each took some nice pulls as we made our way back.

I turned on 37th street and headed for home, while the others continued on into Rochester.

I got home with around 66 miles and some very tired legs.

Thanks to all guys that pulled me back up to the group (numerous times)...

1 comment:

Steven Knowlton said...

DonHo, I just sent you a check for $100 for your clothing reimbursement. Glad you are feeling better. We missed you at the Dan Ulwelling Memorial Spamjamboree. 18 Silvers raced.

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester