Sat. 7/25/09

I met the guys at Dunn Brothers South this morning for the standard Saturday ride.

We had 8 riders including: Jeff, Steve, Terry, Big Al, Jim T., Chris, Dan G., and myself.

With the stiff winds we decided to hang out on the Douglas trail to Pine Island. At PI, Steve noticed a buldge in his back tire, so we took the time to boot it before the tube popped.

As we were finishing up, Todd, Steve G., and Kristi rode up. We tried to talk Kristi into tagging along, but she didn't want to go as fast as the group was planning. But Todd and Steve G. hopped on.

We headed west to Roscoe and then we continued west until we got the cty 1, where we turned south and then east into Wasioja.

We contiued east and then we turned south into Mantorville, while Todd and Steve G headed east for home. After a quick water stop, we continued south and east past the golf course. By now I was starting to run out of gas, so I passed on my turns at the front or in the rotation.

We rolled into Byron and then we headed back into town on old 14, up radio hill and in past Country Club Manner. Jeff and Dan headed north for home, while Terry, Chris, and Al headed east into Rochester.

Jim T., Steve and I headed south for Dunn Brothers. Steve split for home and I headed past the fair grounds and continued east for home.

Over 76 miles at 19+ mph, no wonder I'm tired...

No comments:

"Tonight's forecast, Dark.
Continued dark throughout most of the evening,
with some widely-scattered light towards morning."


Al Sleet (the hippie-dippie weatherman)

R.I.P. George Carlin


What's it like outside?

Where You At???

Where You At???

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rochester, MN, United States

Visits

Google Groups
Subscribe to the new Silver Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit Silver Cycling
Subscribe to the Velo Rochester Cycling Club group email
Email:
Visit VeloRochester